Monday, July 06, 2009

We're having a baby!

Right now, we are in the hospital and Audrey should be here sometime today, Monday. I've been cramping all weekend, but I wasn't sure if I was in labor or not. I felt really bad all day Sunday and I wasn't feeling Audrey move. We finally decided to go to the hospital to get checked Sunday evening. They hooked us up to the monitors, but Audrey still wasn't moving. She usually hates the monitors and kicks at them immediately! The nurse called our midwife and she wanted an ultrasound (biophysical profile) done to check on Audrey's condition.

We waited forever for the ultrasound! They finally came in to do it and Audrey wasn't moving AT ALL! They watch them for 30 mintues to see if they will move a finger, foot, toe, etc. She never moved. Her heartrate was low and they said her practice "breathing" looked labored. Basically, we knew we weren't leaving the hospital. Audrey scored a 4 out of 8 which is the exact same score Ava got the afternoon before they induced me with her. This is not a good score!!

The nurse called our midwife and she wanted to induce on Monday. They are keeping us overnight (it's 1:40am) to monitor Audrey through the night. They will start pitocin at 6:00am, so she should be born sometime Monday (today).

We are really worried about Audrey, but we're hoping she will be born big and healthy and we caught all of this in time! I'll keep you all updated throughout the day. I better try to get some sleep. It's going to be a long day!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

praying for you...love you lots, sis. Hope your delivery is smooth and quick and that Audrey is BIG and HEALTHY!!! Keep me posted.





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.