Friday, July 31, 2009

Birthday Cake Disasters and Sleeping Babies

Last weekend, Kurt and I celebrated our birthdays. For those of you who don't know, our birthdays are one day apart. (I had to jump back on and edit this post to let you all know that our birthdays are one day apart, but we are NOT the same age!! Kurt turned 29 and I turned 28. Only one of us is almost in our 30s!!) Anyway, Kurt had requested his mom make a chocolate cake with seven minute icing. You also may not know that Ava LOVES birthday cake!! She gets so excited when someone is having a birthday and tells them she is going to eat their cake. Well, Kurt's sister, Kirby, had decorated the birthday cake and Ava was helping her put the candles on top when Ava slipped off the chair she was standing on and her entire forearm fell straight into the cake. It was so funny! Here is the demolished cake...


Don't worry...Ava made sure to lick all the icing off her hand and arm. :) Ava loves blowing out the candles almost as much as she loves cake!


Maybe I should also mention that Kurt and Ava had gone swimming and Ava already had her bath which is why she is wearing Kurt's old Dallas Cowboys shirt in these pictures. She loves wearing Daddy and Uncle Kolton's old t-shirts to bed!!

I'm sure Kirby is going to kill me for this picture, but she is always complaining that she doesn't have any pictures with Audrey, so I'm making sure to put one on my blog.

Yesterday, Ava didn't take a nap and then we went to the playground after dinner. After her bath, she asked if she could watch a cartoon before bed. We turned one on for her in her playroom and went into the living room. Apparently, she was very tired because this is what we found when we went in there to put her to bed.

Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever seen?? Another disclaimer...Kurt let Ava pick out her own pajamas before bed. This post is filled with awesome outfits for Ava!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

thanks for the pictures! The one of Ava sleeping is so cute!! I wish Caleb would fall asleep like that sometimes. :-)

Oh, and 28 qualifies as almost in your 30s. When I turned 26 you told me I was in my late 20s and sliding down the slope toward 30. Now that you're 28 it doesn't really feel like it, huh, little sis???

Kiss the girls for me. And tell them Aunt Jenn loves them very much.





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.