Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Things to remember...

I need to write down a few things I want to remember about these early days as a mother of 2. They will eventually go in the baby book, but I don't have time for that right now. :)

Ava is definitely a great big sister. She does not like it when Audrey cries and runs around frantically looking for her "fier". For some reason, she started calling her pacifier "fier" and it is so adorable. We call it a "paci", so I'm not sure where she got this. She'll run around the house, "where is Audrey's fier???" :)

Audrey spits up just as much as Ava did, if not more! I was hoping I would only have one child that spit up constantly, but that didn't happen. When Audrey spits up, Ava likes to inform us that Audrey just "spilled". I can't tell you how many times a day Ava is yelling, "Audrey spilled...Audrey spilled again!"

Today, I officially felt like a mother of two when I had to take Ava to the potty while nursing Audrey. Of course, Ava wanted to sit on the big potty instead of her little potty. So, I pulled down Ava's pants, lifted her onto the potty, lifted her back off, and pulled up her pants all while feeding a baby. Now, that is challenging! At least she went on the potty!!

Okay, now I have a hungry baby and another child who wants to go to Chicken-Fla for lunch. For those of you who don't know Ava well, that's what she calls Chick-Fil-A. She likes to go there and get "baby chickens". Yes, this disturbs us too, but she just wants chicken nuggets and not chicken strips. It is a little embarrasing when you're sitting in Chick-fil-a and your child is talking loudly about how she loves eating baby chickens! I'm thinking life will never be dull with my two sweet girls.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I'm laughing so hard at Ava! What a cutie...I miss her SO much!! I love that she calls chicken nuggets "baby chickens." Hilarious! (Caleb calls Chick-Fil-A "Chick-Ta-Flay")

Hope she enjoyed her baby chickens. We really miss Chick-Fil-A...when we come home (whenever the heck that will be)...we'll need to plan to go there and get some Dr. Pepper, too.

You're doing a great job, sis. Love you!

clrobbins said...

I'm laughing at your breastfeeding-multitasking. I felt like I was always attached to Emery the first 4 weeks. Then I was watching that "18 kids and counting" and noticed that in 90% of the shots the mother is breastfeeding. She even went to an elementary school and read to a class while nursing! I'll bet she's been nursing a kid for the last 20 years! Guess I can't whine too much. Glad everything is going well. Too bad you're not closer to have play dates.





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.