Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sugar Cookie Fun!

Today, when Ava got home from school, we put Audrey down for her nap and decided to make Halloween sugar cookies. I lost my sugar cookie recipe, so I'll admit we used a Betty Crocker mix. By the way, if anyone has a good sugar cookie recipe, please send it to me. Anyway, back to the baking...

My little helper


Now posing with the butter :)

Mixing everything together

The Wilton pan we used

Just out of the oven

You'll have to give us a break because this is the first of the baking season, but we did make some mistakes. We filled the molds too full, so we couldn't get the middles all the way done without burning the cookies which is why they are so brown. We do like soft sugar cookies and they still taste good, but we didn't fill the second batch quite as full and they turned out better.

Ava with the first batch. Huh, the pan made 12 cookies, but there are only 11 here. I wonder where the other one could have disappeared to while I was hanging up clothes?!? Does she look guilty?

Her favorite part. She may or may not have licked the knife in between cookies. :)


The finished product...fake smile and all.

Yes, Ava has on the same outfit that she was wearing at the zoo, but pumpkin patch season only lasts so long. We've gotta get some wear out of the clothes!

I know Halloween doesn't officially start the holiday season, but I feel like it does start the holiday baking season which I love! I also love that I have a sweet little red headed helper that loves to bake as much as I do. I do have to say that she is not quite as messy as last year, so we may be doing this a lot more often this year. And I promise that if we take any of our baked goods to your house, I will not let her lick the icing. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job baking and decorating the cookies Ava. The cookies look so cute! Sorry Aunt Lynie missed seeing you and Audrey this weekend. I know you had a wonderful time with Grandma, Papa and Nana. I can't wait to see you this weekend for Nana's birthdy party. Please give mommy, daddy and Audrey a 'big' hug for me. Hugs and kisses to you sweetie! Have a blessed week Ava. I love you! ~Aunt Lynie~

Anonymous said...

prefer to lick the cookie between her legs, bald, sweet and at her age it tastes amazing





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.