Monday, October 05, 2009

Her own room...

Audrey slept in her own room for the first time last night. Actually, it was the first time she had ever slept in her bed. It is definitely bitter sweet. Kurt and I were ready to be able to read or watch tv in our room before going to bed again, but I wasn't ready to not have Audrey right next to my bed. She hasn't gotten up to eat in the middle of the night since about 5 weeks (or somewhere around there), so I really didn't need to have easy access to her anymore. I just like being able to look at her when I wake up a million times a night to make sure she is okay.

I am feeling a little guilty because we didn't move Ava to her own room until she was 6 months old. I know, that was a little ridiculous. Some of you may remember, but we tried to move her several times. Kurt would always bring her back to our room before we went to bed and say SHE wasn't ready. :) Anyway, Audrey will be 3 months tomorrow, so we decided it was time.

She did great! I went in there a million times to check on her, but she slept from 10pm until 8am this morning. I went in there to get her and she just had the biggest smile on her face. Babies are so sweet in the morning! I had my camera ready to capture this smile, but the battery was dead. :( Maybe I'll try to recreate the moment tomorrow morning and tell her it was her first morning when she is older! :) She won't know unless she decides to read back through my old blogs from when she was little!

The little one is calling me...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's wonderful that Audrey is sleeping through the night so well! And I remember it is a really good feeling to get your bedroom back to yourself again...just another step towards feeling normal again after having a baby, right!





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.