Tuesday, October 06, 2009

3 Months Old

I can't believe I just typed that title, but our little Audrey is already 3 months old. I would love for time to stand still, but she is growing up too fast, just like her sister. When Ava was little I said that every age was my favorite age and I have those feelings all over again. I LOVE the newborn stage where they are so cuddly and sleep all the time. I love to just be able to hold them for hours and hours. But, I love this age too. Audrey is really starting to interact with us and her toys. She is grabbing all of her toys, smiling and laughing at our silly faces, and just being cute!

I absolutely love waking up to her smiling face and her two dimples! She is so lovey in the morning. She is even sweet enough to let me fix breakfast for Ava on most days before she gets fed. That is one thing I'd really worried about before she was born. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it if both of my girls were hungry at the same time.

I think the only thing I don't like about this stage is the bald spot on the back of her head. I know it happens to all of them and it's actually good because it means they are moving their head, following us around the room, playing with their toys, etc., but I really dislike the way it looks. :) It seems like forever before it grows back and if she is anything like Ava, she will end up with a mullet because the hair underneath will continue to grow.

People stop me all the time to comment on Audrey's wild red hair. I just love it! No, it won't lay down for anything, but eventually it will and I'll miss that wild baby hair! I thought I couldn't go anywhere without people stopping me when I only had one redhead, but now that I have two it is impossible!! Actually, people are usually walking by and I hear, "did that baby have red hair" and then they have to come back to take a second look like they've never seen a baby with red hair before.

Things I want to remember about this age:

Audrey is sleeping 10-11 hours at night

Audrey doesn't suck on her paci all night, but she will sort of wake up and realize she doesn't have it anymore. She is happy as can be if I pop it back in for her and she never really wakes up. This is new for us because Ava never really used a paci.

She DOES NOT like to have a dirty diaper. The minute it is dirty, you better get that diaper changed or she will let you know about it!

This little girl can scream!! Again, this is new for us. Ava was one of the quietest babies I've ever heard. Audrey has a set of lungs on her!

Audrey has learned to squeal! It is hilarious and she loves when she does it! She gets a huge smile on her face. We're definitely going to have to get this on video. She'll be completely silent and then squeal as loud as she can. She has actually scared people it is so loud and sudden.

She has a clogged tear duct that is driving Mommy crazy! Her right eye waters constantly. We have some medicine for it which is making it better, but as soon as you quit using the medicine it comes back. The doctor said it should resolve itself by 6 months, but I'm hoping for sooner. It just makes my poor baby's eye red and raw around the edges.

One of her favorite things right now is for me to kiss her right on the lips and make a big kissing sound. She thinks this is sooooo funny!

Audrey loves, loves her swing! Again, Ava could take it or leave it, but it is one of Audrey's favorite things.

Audrey cluster feeds for 2 hours every night. This is usually 8-10pm. It is exhausting for Mommy, but I guess it's worth it to get some sleep at night.

Ava loves her little sister and thinks she can take care of her better than I can. If Audrey is crying, she will say, "here Mommy, let me hold her" like she could calm her down better than I can. She gives Audrey the sweetest hugs and kisses.

Okay, I guess that's it for now. I'll leave you with a few pictures. Most of these were taking this morning, so she is wearing her pajamas.

First thing this morning still wrapped up like a burrito!


Ava was home sick from MDO today, but she wanted her picture taken with Audrey




Look at that hair and those dimples


I wish I could catch a really big smile on camera so you could see how big her dimples get!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kimberly, how precious! I can't wait to see the girls. I think it is really awesome that you blog Audrey's daily activities. Love ya! ~Lyn~





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.