Monday, June 22, 2009

What not to say to a pregnant woman...

I'll start out by saying I do have a really great husband, but every man sticks his foot in his mouth at some point, right??

On Friday I was feeling huge, hot, fat, and disgusting. Kurt came home from work and asked me where I would like to eat for dinner. Here is how the rest of our conversation went...

Me: I don't want to go to dinner. I feel fat and disgusting.

Kurt: You're not fat and disgusting.

Me: Yes I am! Look, my clothes don't even fit. (I stood up to show him)

Kurt: Just go put on a maternity shirt and we'll go.

Me: This IS a maternity shirt!!

Kurt: Oh...

Needless to say, we went to the grocery store and picked up frozen pizzas for dinner.

3 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

That's hilarious! I remember feeling the exact same way. At one point I looked at my stomach and said, "Please get out!" Oops. :)

Jennifer said...

poor Kurt. The correct response is always, "you look beautiful." :-)

And you do look beautiful! You just never got to this stage with Ava. :-)

Haley said...

I would like to add Chad's recent comment in response to me saying my ankles were swollen..."you really can't call those ankles, they are cankles."





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.