Thursday, September 14, 2006

18 Weeks

I am now 18 weeks (and one day)! We are getting close to halfway! Our baby is now 5 1/2 to 6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 7 ounces. The baby's ears are formed and can now hear the outside world. I think Kurt is most excited about this. He has been talking to the baby since the beginning, but the baby can actually hear him now!

We have our big ultrasound in 8 days! We can't wait. Hopefully, we will be able to pick out a boy's name between now and then. I am not counting on it though. :) I will post pictures of the ultrasound as soon as possible on Friday.

I am still feeling pretty good. I have started having back and hip pain which I thought wouldn't start until much later. I have been really tired this week, but I think it is just from lack of quality sleep. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to sleep on my side. Between that and my five trips to the bathroom every night, I don't think I will ever sleep well again. Can you tell I didn't sleep well last night??? Oh well, it will all be worth it in five months...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yeah, that no sleep thing won't get better for a long while! But, you're right, it's worth it! :-) Hopefully yours will be a much better sleeper than Caleb.





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.