Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sonogram

We ended up having to reschedule our sonogram, so we had it this morning. I must say that I was a little disappointed. The sonographer wouldn't tell us anything. The good news is that Ava is definitely a girl. Kurt was very relieved about that. :) The only other thing we found out is that she now weighs 4 lbs. 4 oz. which is apparently small for her age. I tried to ask tons of questions to get the lady to tell us something, but she would only say that she is a little small and the doctor will have to discuss that with us. I'm sure she is fine, but I really wanted someone to tell me that today. We go back to the doctor on the 17th, so we won't know anything until then. I may try to call the doctor next week for a little reassurance.

We were also told today that Ava's head is very very low and she is definitely ready to come out. We need her to stay in there and grow for a few more weeks. I really think I will be late, but we'll see. As long as she is healthy, I am excited about having a small baby. I was 6 lbs. 9 oz. when I was born. That sounds really good to me right now. Kurt was 9 lbs. 5 oz. Hopefully this child cannot gain five pounds in the last six weeks!

The lady also kept telling me that I am all baby. I was surprised at how big she is in there. She showed me her position which confirmed what I thought I was feeling with kicks, pushes, etc. It was so different than the ultrasound we had at 19 weeks. We could only see one part of her body at a time. We could only see a leg, belly, head, etc. She was so low we couldn't get a good shot of her face. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures to share. They offered us one of her face, but you could barely make her out.

I thought I would have a lot more news to share, but it looks like we will have to wait for a few more weeks.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the sonogram (and the lady who did it!), but I'm sure everything is fine. Your doctor hasn't been worried yet about your or her size. The sonogram people aren't supposed to say anything, anyway.

I hope your doctor can give you some info before your next appointment.

love you, sis.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Unfortunately, those technicians are never allowed whether to say things are good or not. =( Its a little discouraging at times. However, like your sister said, I'm sure everything is fine!! I constantly measured small with Devyn and had to have various ultrasounds to make sure everything was ok. She was just a small baby, like her mama. Both Devyn and I weighed 6 lbs, 9 ozs at birth too. Hang in there!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

It has been 9 years since I was pregnant with my daughter but seem I remember somthing about they gain up to half a lb a week during the last month. If that is true, she could still be a fairly good sized baby by her due date. Like your sister, I hope you hear something from your doctor soon, just to put your mind at ease about it all. Try not to worry, it doesn't do anybody any good!

victoria said...

I say go with your gut--if you are worried than just call that is what these doctors get paid to do--I am sure it is all fine. They thought kelsey was going to be 8 plus lbs so scheduled me for an induction and she was 7 lbs 2 oz those machines can be off by a lb and it was!!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you. God will take care. I have a son that is 28 years old now. He was 4 lb. 10oz. He was born one month early. No reason. He was just born early. I had a totally normal pregnancy. He was perfectly healthy just small. So I am praying for you. It is scary. But hang in there. My second child was to term and weigh 6lb. 10oz. They are all different. Take care.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you, Kurt and Baby Ava's strength.





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.