Wednesday, October 18, 2006

23 Weeks and Painting

Just a quick update on the pregnancy and Ava. I am 23 weeks today. My belly has really popped in the last week or so. Strangers are now asking when I am due. I am so excited about that because I am so tired of the is she/isn't she pregnant looks. Well, I am excited as long as they do not start touching my belly...

This week Ava is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. Apparently, loud noises may scare her and make her jump or blink. I think that is really interesting because this weekend we were at the A&M football game and every time they fired the cannon she suddenly became very active. I joked with Kurt at the time that I thought the noise scared her. It's kind of sad that the noise may have actually scared her.

This week Kurt and I started painting Ava's nursery. We painted it brown/taupe on the bottom and light pink on the top. It looks so good. My parents are coming this weekend and my dad is going to help Kurt put up the chair rail. I can't wait to see what it looks like with her furniture and bedding in there. We took lots of pictures of the painting process, but I will wait to post those when we are completely finished.

Only 17 more weeks to go...

5 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Time sure is flying, isn't it?!? Just wait, the belly rubs will start shortly, whether you want them or not. Personally, I can't stand having strangers touch my belly but am not bold enough to say no. Argh!! Congrats on reaching the 23-week mark and I can't wait to see the photos of the nursery.

victoria said...

cute colors--cant wait to see the pics

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see the room. I guess we'll have to make another trip to see you sometime soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

good mornin' sweetie...I know you're having a great time w/your parents and can't wait to see Ava's nusery and all the hard work y'all have accomplished...sorry, but I'm a toucher! uh oh! auntie lynnie can't help it!!! much love, prayers and blessings...looking forward to seeing you all soon!

With His Grace said...

We are Aggies in our house....however my husband has slowly become a tsip and when I told him about the baby jumping...his response was that the baby is revolting to the Aggie ways and wants to be a longhorn where they don't have canons! I say Gig 'Em and long live the Aggies!! Congrats on moving to a new stage in your pregnancy I wasn't a big fan of the previous stage either because you got odd looks ALL the time. I think next time I am going to wear a shirt when I am showing that says please don't touch the package until...(insert due date month)! Best Wishes!





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.