Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The baby is thirsty!

Ava has been so cute lately! She always loves on my belly. She'll gently pat or rub "the baby" and talks to her. So adorable. She'll lay her head softly on my belly and say, "hi baby." The funny thing is that she is just like her daddy. Both Kurt and Ava talk to Audrey (and Kurt did with Ava) through my belly button like that is a direct path to the baby. :)

Anyway, yesterday Ava pulled up my shirt and stuck her sippy cup straw in my belly button before I could stop her. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "the baby is thirsty!" Of course, I couldn't stop laughing to try to explain anything to her. She just looked at me like I was the crazy one for trying to stop her. We're definitely going to have to watch her once little Audrey arrives. I know I keep saying it, but she is going to be the BEST big sister!

5 comments:

Linda said...

How cute! She is going to be a good big sister.

Lauren said...

that's hilarious! neither of my boys are interested in the belly at all!

aggiejenn@reflectinghim said...

Too funny! Wait until after the baby comes and she lifts her own shirt and tries to nurse her baby doll. Caleb did that with stuffed animals when I was nursing Levi. Ava's going to be a great big sister!

Mindi Tipps said...

Great story! I can see how Ava (not sure about Kurt though) thinks the belly button is the way to the baby.

Jessica said...

So cute! I love it! Ava will be a great big sis!





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.