Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fifteen Weeks

I am fifteen weeks today! I am definitely enjoying my second trimester. My nausea is almost completely gone, and I now have my appetite back. Unfortunately, I am not craving the healthiest foods. I love sweets! My biggest craving so far has been lifesaver gummies. I just can't get enough of them! I am trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies, but that is not what I want to be eating.

Our baby is really growing. This week the crown to rump length is 4 inches. The baby now weighs 2 1/2 ounces. Even though the baby's eye lids are fused shut, he/she can sense light. I think I have felt the baby move a few times, but I am not sure yet. Several times I have felt "bubbles popping" or a very light "tapping" in my lower abdomen. This is usually when I am laying down. A few times when I am sitting up I have felt a very fast fluttering that lasts for a few seconds. It almost felt like I had a butterfly in my belly. So, I guess we will just have to wait and see. Hopefully in the next week or two they will get stronger and more often.

I go back to the doctor a week from today. I can't wait to hear our baby's heartbeat again! I am hoping the doctor will schedule my big ultrasound where we get to find out the sex of the baby. I don't know how much longer I can wait!

I will take pictures again next week after my appointment.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What you are feeling is definitely the baby moving, especially if it feels like you have a butterfly in your belly. Early on Caleb moved a lot when I would sit in a chair. I think he was telling me he needed more room! :-)





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.