Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mommy Brain

I started going crazy and losing my memory during pregnancy. I thought it would end there. Unfortunately, Ava is almost 6 months old and it is only getting worse.

Kurt had a softball game tonight, so by the time we got home at 9:15pm, we had to feed Ava her cereal and vegetables, hang up the laundry, and nurse Ava to sleep. The load of laundry that was in the washer was a load we do not dry. I do put it in the dryer on low heat for a few minutes to get rid of the wrinkles before I hang it up.

Well, I put the clothes in the dryer before I went upstairs to nurse Ava. After Ava was tucked away in bed I realized the clothes were still in the dryer (a good 30 minutes later) and I ran downstairs. I found Kurt hanging up the nearly dry clothes, so I just turned around and walked back upstairs. The next time I came down Kurt informed me that he had found a bottle of Dreft stain remover in the dryer. He said it was making so much noise that he thought our dryer was going out.

Yes, somehow I managed to put the whole spray bottle in the dryer with the rest of our clothes. I have no idea why I would have done this. I wasn't washing Ava's clothes. I hadn't even used the stain remover today. It wasn't in the washer with the other clothes. Apparently, I just decided to add it to the load of clothes before I started the dryer.

I had gotten used to doing things like putting the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the refrigerator, but this is an all time low. Does it ever get any better???

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

No, it doesn't get better, at least for me. That's why I have to write EVERYTHING down so I'll remember it. I usually have to set a timer to remind myself that there are clothes in the laundry!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

*Sigh* I wish I could reassure you that everything would get back to normal but no, mommy brain is here to stay. =) Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! I totally understand!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Happy Birthday!





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.