Sunday, July 08, 2007

4th of July

Wow...I feel like it has been a really long time since I have written on here. I really think I need a second blog. There are a lot of things I would like to post about, but this is really Ava's blog.
Anyway, Ava has been up to a lot since I posted last. She is rolling over now. I have it on video, so I'll try to post it soon. She doesn't like to perform, so I am not sure people really believe us that she is rolling over. She is also trying very hard to sit up. She just doesn't have the balance yet. She would be completely happy if she could have me hold her in the sitting position all day. She is getting very tired of her bouncy seat or anything else that reclines. She wants to sit straight up like a big girl.

Oh...you are not going to believe this!!! Ava is sleeping in her own room now! It only took 5 1/2 months, but she has been in there for a week now. Daddy did bring her back into our room one night, but was overly tired and very fussy that day. I have to admit that it was much easier to let her sleep in our room that night.

I didn't post for a while, but Ava was sick for two weeks after we got back from our cruise. She had bronchitits and then strep throat. She is finally feeling better after a round of antibiotics. She was very needy for those two weeks and really didn't even want me to put her down. She is finally playing again, sleeping 11-12 hours a night again, and acting like her old self.

Also, Ava has started eating solids. It is so cute! She loves her rice cereal and attacks the spoon. Of course, she gets it all over her face. She has also tried peas and squash. We just started squash last night, but she really seems to prefer the peas. Maybe she just needs more time.

I can't believe our little girl is getting so big! She will be six months next week. That doesn't seem possible! I just want her to stay little forever.

Here are some new pictures!
Ava with Aunt Jennifer and Caleb
It was impossible to get both Ava and Caleb to look at the camera at the same time.
Ava with Gigi and Pops (Kurt's parents)
Ava with Gigi and Boompa (Kurt's grandpa)

I just thought this was a sweet picture.

Ava in her 4th of July outfit







4 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Can't believe how big she has gotten! They change so much, so fast. Cute, cute, cute!

Jennifer said...

Those are PRECIOUS pictures! That top one is a good one of Ava! ;-) Getting the two of them to actually both look at the camera was pretty impossible. She's getting SO big!

victoria said...

great pics--she is dressed so cute! And you should write whatever you feel like on your blog--I started as just kg then now I write about everything under the sun--maybe I am too scattered ;)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! =) Thank you for sharing the pictures and I'm looking forward to that video! =)





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.