Tuesday, January 11, 2011

33+ weeks

It's been a little while since I've blogged. I totally skipped Christmas, but I honestly haven't even uploaded the pictures to my computer. Sad, I know! But, right after Christmas, we painted Amelia's room. Then, we left and spent 4 days traveling to and from a wedding in Oklahoma City. Then, we took down our Christmas decorations and Kurt went back to work. Where did the holidays go??? Sigh! So, I feel like we are just now catching our breath and Ava' s birthday party is this weekend.

We are making progress on the nursery. The room is painted and the furniture is being painted at my house as I type. My mom started making the curtains last weekend and hopefully we'll be able to finish this weekend. I have all of the baby bedding ready to go on the bed and we're having a canvas painted to hang above the crib this week. This is the latest I have ever put together a nursery, but it will all come together, hopefully, before she is born. We still need a few accessories, but I'll need to see the room mostly put together to see what we still need.

I am still feeling pretty good. The contractions are getting more painful and more frequent, but we haven't entered into the "go to the hospital" zone yet. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for an ultrasound, biophysical profile, and non-stress test. This will give us a better idea of what (if anything) is going on. I'm measuring small *again* this time. I'm curious to see how much she weighs in a couple of weeks.

I really need to get baby clothes down from the attic to start washing. Of course, this will require the furniture so I actually have a place to put her clothes. I love pulling all of the tiny baby clothes out, but I'm not looking forward to washing and hanging them all up. Any volunteers??? ;)

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Ava was born less than 3 weeks from now and Audrey was born less than 4 weeks from now. I can't believe we'll have a cuddly little newborn in the house again soon. Of course, after all this worry and preparation, she'll probably wait us out until her due date. :)

I'll try to post Christmas pictures soon and pictures of Ava and Audrey's new room.

3 comments:

Claire & Eden said...

oh wow - can't believe it's so close! Wish I were there to help you with baby clothes! LOVE going through itty bitty clothes =)

Praying that little Amelia waits longer than her sisters!

Jennifer said...

I wish I was there to help with the washing, but I will be in 2.5 weeks!!! I'm so excited to see you guys...7 months is too long!

Love you, sis! Amelia will be here before we know it (and I hope she doesn't hold out until her due date since I will be back in Singapore by then!!)

LisaN said...

So exciting! I am definitely feeling all the anticipation with you! :-)





Designed By:

Elements by Laura.